HELL information & entering
What the riders said
What the media said
'Chip' timing explained
Start list by name
Start list by time-slot
Start list by rider's no
Finish list by name
2014 Finish list
2013 Finish list
2012 Finish list
2011 Finish list
2010 Finish list
HELL of the Ashdown Challenge
Promoted by the Catford Cycling Club on Sunday 16th February 2014
Enter on this website from midnight on 30th November 2013 but you’ll have to be quick off the mark as last time the 1,500 places went in the first 20 hours!
To Enter (On or after 1st December 2013) :
Click the ‘Enter Hell’ button, on the right
Complete entry form (Teams/Friends who want to ride together Must select the same time slot)
Click on 'go to Paypal' to pay £30 fee by credit/debit card or through your Paypal a/c if you have one
After making payment you MUST click on 'return to website' which will complete your registration
You will then receive a confirming Email which you MUST print and produce on the day as your ticket to ride
– The HOTA has been voted the UK’s third most popular Sportive and since then we have developed the event to the extent that the event is full within 24 hours of the entries being released to register!
– Take the opportunity to test your early season fitness on this tough, hilly route.
– Tackle many of the major hills in the South East, the total ascent being higher than Ben Nevis! Including the dreaded 'Wall' (Kids Hill) on which you can record a time via STRAVA
– Enjoy the panoramic views from the heights of the Downs (or Ups!) and discover Kent’s picturesque lanes and charming villages
– Superb way-marked route well marshalled by friendly members of the Catford CC and the nominated charity.
– Two feeds en route and a café at the HQ for pre and post ride sustenance.
– Use ‘Contact Us’ button or telephone the organiser John Palfrey on 07769 610555 or email email@example.com
– Last time we donated £10,000 to Demelza Childrens Hospice (See pic below).
In 2014 we are supporting the Chartwell Cancer Trust, Charles Darwin Academy Trust and the Orpington Samaritans. You can get your friends to sponsor your ride by using the downloadable sponsorship form.
CATFORD CC (founded 1886)
– The friendly local cycling club for the Bromley; Orpington & Sevenoaks areas. Cycle for Fitness on club rides or in races.
Get Your Hell Confirmation Email:
Enter the email address you registered with:
The Ups and Downs of HELL
See the 100k route
Alternative Route for Icy Conditions
Map my Tracks
Ice Course Bike Route Toaster